Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Security Updates at 2016-01-01 on LG G4-H815T

Hello,

I am trying to work out why my phone isn't receiving monthly security updates which I understand it should be. It is running Android 6.0 and the security updates are dated 2016-01-01.

LG make updates available (https://lgsecurity.lge.com/security_updates.html) and they state "Depending on regions and carriers, updates may be released monthly, quarterly or irregularly." I'm not sure if this implies that some action by Optus is required to release these patches to this handset via OTA update.

This model is an unlocked/international version of the phone. Not sure if that matters but I believe it might according to LG support.

Looking to get some advice from the community on how these updates flow down and where the blockage may be/how to solve.

Have already contacted LG support which hasn't been fruitful and whilst I've opened up a feedback complaint to escalate it with them, I thought I'd check here as well to see if I can get some suggestions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Security Updates at 2016-01-01 on LG G4-H815T

"This model is an unlocked/international version of the phone" where did you purchase it from? Optus is only involved in software updates for android handsets if you have their version of the firmware which is made obvious but the Optus logo being present on load up. Given what you've said, I'd say they aren't involved in yours but wanted to check.

Assuming I'm right about the above, I'm surprised LG haven't been able to help. It's an international version so unless it came from an OS carrier, the updates should be coming direct from them

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi thanks for responding. It was purchased from mobileciti. Aussie warranty. Correct no Optus logo and I would assume the same, that no carrier involvement required to patch the device. No restriction or control either for that matter. 

I'd be interested to see if anyone else has the same issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

I'd say if it is a widespread issue, or at least affecting a number of people, you'd be better of going to a more open forum. I get you're an Optus customer, but really doesn't sound like this has anything to do with Optus given your circumstances. Maybe take a look on Whirlpool? They'll also likely explain to you the benefits of flashing the stock firmware to get the latest update and ensure it runs smoothly in the future. I've no idea how to do that sort of thing but see plenty of people discussing it for a number of Android handsets

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos