Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Samsung s8+ no data connection

Eric1990

I just bought this Samsung s8 plus it was supposed to be a factory unlocked phone that was originally Verizon, I purchased a straight talk byop kit and put the Verizon card in it because i only have a Verizon tower near me, I can make calls but no internet. I have tried everything but change the apn, and the only reason I haven't done that is the menu to add an app and also the option to reset to default is locked, I did try my att straight talk card out of my Asus Zenfone and it works but when I try switching to a cdma card it seems to be that's where my troubles start, it has the option for global, gsm , and cdma but will not connect to the internet for some reason. Any advice, things to try 

I've hard reset, soft reset , reset network settings, reset settings, switching from a gsm to cdma card and several other things I probably can't remember but anything will help!

Solution

Re: Samsung s8+ no data connection

Jeneral__Pain

This is for Optus in Australia, we don't have Verizon or CDMA.

Please contact your provider directly.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos