Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Samsung active 2 watch wont connect to mobile network.

Have the rose gold active watch 2 for 4 days now and for the 1st 3 days was in optus every day trying to get them to help me set up the mobile network on the watch.. still not working. The guy instore has been very good trying to get it fixed while I was at work. The last msg I received he said
"The error has been identified as an Optus wide activation issue and a parent IT ticket has been raised, I'm going to continue to monitor your service" question how long will take to fix my watch? its pretty much useless for what I intended on using it for now. Feel like I've wasted money on this now. I kinda don't want it if its not gonna connect to the mobile network.
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Samsung active 2 watch wont connect to mobile network.

Hi karobie,

The Optus wide number share activation issue was resolved last Friday afternoon.

Perhaps if you return to the store the guy trying to assist will be able to proceed.

Otherwise if you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes done all that and still not working the guy instore was trying to fix it yesterday and still no luck so apparently its not fixed and I've spoken to the online tech people 5 times last time they told me to upgrade my phone which I have and I have the s20 now. Still not working!!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

what you have just told me is what I've done several times already.. ive been instore at optus for a total of 12 hrs over 3 days... trying to connect the watch to the mobile network.!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

They even replaced the watch as they thought it might of been that!!!!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Geez how frustrating! I'm afraid it's not something we'll be able to resolve here though.

If you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter  with the details for further assistance mentioning you have an unresolved issue that the store or Messenger team cannot fix.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

So very frustrating!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It has now been more than a month since someone reported this problem and still no solution. What's going on?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Amylia,

Please see our help and support article: Number Share - What You Need to Know

As we don't have access to customer accounts here on this public forum, you'll need to contact Optus directly for further assistance.

0 Kudos