Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Samsung S8 $49 Promo Plan - can you add interational calls to the UK

[ Edited ]
melc99

Can anyone confirm if you can add an international calling pack to the Samsung S8 $49 offer that will allow calls to the UK?

https://www.optus.com.au/shop/mobile/phones/samsung/galaxy-s8?SID=con:homeSmiley Tonguerodsel:hot2:apr18Smiley Tongueostp:gs8:....

I have had different answers on 3 live chat sessions.  From the product page it looks like you can only add the extended international pack - which does not include the UK? 

Thanks

Re: Samsung S8 $49 Promo Plan - can you add interational calls to the UK

thorpower

i also have the same question,please let me know if find the solution.

melc99

It is frustating as I have had different answer.  3 live chats - one said UK calls included in the plan, another said no you can't add UK calling, and another one said yes you can for $5 minutes.

I called the customer service line and got told that you can only add the extended international pack - apparently a marketing decision as the deal was so good.  I would be happy to pay the addtional $5 per month for the $5 international minutes pack which included UK.  I'm just puzzled why you can only choose 1 of the international calling pack options.  

Toomey

Sorry for the confusion here guys, in short, yes you can add international calls to the UK, but not messaging. As mentioned on this page, there are 2 types of international packs for mobiles.

$5 and $10 International Minute Packs - give you an amount of minutes to be used on standard international calls to mobiles and fixed lines to selected countries. The $5 International Minute Pack provides up to 50 minutes and the $10 International Minute Pack provides up to 150 minutes. SMS/MMS and Video Calls not included in this offer. (UK included)

International Talk & Text pack - gives you up to 150 minutes a month to be used on standard international calls to mobile and fixed lines and unlimited text to 40 selected countries. (UK not included)

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

melc99

Thanks for the reply.  I want to be 100% sure on the UK calls before I commit to a 24 month plan.  I called the customer service line earlier this week (after getting 3 different answers to the question on live chat) and the agent I spoke to told me that it was not possible to add any international minutes pack to this plan as it was such a good deal and it was restricted in what could be added to it.

Can I confirm that UK SMS are automatically included in the $49 promo - as it looks like that to me?

If I can add the $5 or $10 international minutes pack to give me UK calling then I would go ahead.  However when I am on the offer page on the website and 'select' the only international option I can select is the 'International talk and text' pack which does not include the UK.  At what stage can I add the international minutes pack?

It would be great if the promo page could be updated to reflect the correct information so we can be certain what we are signing up to.  Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.

Toomey

International SMS to the UK is definitely included. This is mentioned in the CIS and the full list of countries is confirmed in the FAQs on this page.

The terms and conditions of the calling pack does state "Only available on selected plans", and the information on my end isn't clear if the promo plan is included or not so I've raised these concerns with my management team to get clarification from the product heads and will provide an update asap. The information online may need updating as clearly this is a confusing one to clarify.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

melc99

Hi - were you able to get an update from the managament on this international calling issue?  I'd love to take up the Optus promo but need to be able to add UK calling.  Thanks 

Dan_C

@melc99, it sure does! 

the $44.00 My Plan Plus Promo plan includes unlimited standard international SMS/MMS to selected countries.

The UK is included in the list of elegible countries. If you were to sign up to this offer, you'd be able to SMS/MMS to the UK free of charge. 

We do have a seperate add-on. That's our  $5.00 international calling/text pack, that gives you unlimited SMS & MMS and Up to 150 minutes in 40 selected countries. 

If you have any other questions, you're welcome to reach out to us here Smiley Happy 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

melc99

Thanks for the reply - but when I looked again at the promo offer at optus.com.au yesterday it's still not clear if you can add the international talk pack. It's not an option when you try and go ahead and select to purchase/sign up. As per my previous posts on this thread I have been told different things on live chat on the question of calls to UK and on the phone line was told it was definitely not possible.

But the posts from moderators suggest it will be possible to add the international calling pack that includes the UK. Is there a reason there is so much confusion with the live chat and phone line customer service staff? 

If it's possible to add UK call then it would be good if the website was update to reflect this. As it stands it makes it appear that only the 'extended' international talk and text pack that can be added. 

I assume if I go ahead and then have a problem adding UK calls I will be able to cancel (taking up the 30 day change of mind offer )?

Thanks

Dan_C

Hmm, you're right. I see what you mean

I might need to seek some clarification on what's considered as an 'eligible rate plan.' 

If you were to sign up under the proviso that you'll be receiving the calling back, then I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to exit before the 30-day trial period comes to an end.

I'd rather confirm if it's something we can do, before getting you to go through the sign-up process only to end up leaving. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos