Searching...

Mobile

Samsung S7 Battery Drain After Latest SW Update.

banistersmind

After a recent push update from Optus, I'm experiencing poor battery life from my S7 with a full charge lasting only 6 hours at best. 

Current version 

Android 7.0

Baseband Version G930FXXU1DQF1

Kernel Version 3.18.14-11104523

Build No. NRD90M.G930FXXS1DQHH

Have wiped cache partition through recovery and use greenify to shut down as many background processes as possible. Can't seem to identify an offending app at this stage. 

Any ideas?

Re: Samsung S7 Battery Drain After Latest SW Update.

Shauna

Hi @banistersmind - thanks for reaching out! How long have you had your S7 for? How long ago did you do the software update? If you installed Android 7.0 within the past two days, give it another day or two. Sometimes it can take a couple of days for the battery to settle inGenerally speaking, wiping cache partition & doing a reboot is a quick fix for battery issues after a software update (from personal experience). 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

banistersmind

I have owned my S7 for 18 months. I've been running Android 7.0 for at least the past six months. I installed an incremental push update from Optus about 2 weeks ago and I've noticed the battery drain ever since. 

Interestingly, I received another update notification last night. This was a bigger update (about 300Mb). I installed it and wiped the cache partition immediately after. It's probably too early to say whether this update has resolved my battery drain, however from a full charge this morning, I'm down to 19% after 6 hours of moderate usage. 

JordanOptus

Hmmm, if the battery is still draining significantly more it might be worth have a chat with Tech Support to see if there's anything they can do in regards to it

[ Edited ]
banistersmind

Optus Tech Support?

**EDITED FOR CONTENT.

Highlighted

Rockdad83

Weird, 7.0 optimisation software should slightly increase it. There was a battery app I used to test my old  s4 battery and note 4 battery,  can't remember what is was called though. Also you should have to use greenify after android 6.0. It already puts unused apps to sleep. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
61 Kudos
23 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
15 Kudos