Searching...

Mobile

Samsung S5 - new account, can spotify, cant connect to net, plenty of data left

Firemansam

Hi all,

Just got a new sim card for my s5, spotify works great with plenty of signal but I cant get onto anything online, not even google.

Comes up with "This site cant be reached" and "Err_connection_timed_out"

I managed to get online before, but have noticed my apps not working, now I have nothing. Can get texts n calls ok

Help?

D

Re: Samsung S5 - new account, can spotify, cant connect to net, plenty of data left

Davelew

It could be if you have installed a new SIM card your APN (Access point name) needs updating. Your APN should be named Optus Yes Internet.  To see your APN  go to settings - sim and network - access point names

If you can see Optus Yes Internet ensure this is being used for your internet access.  If it is delete the other APNs.

If Optus Yes Internet is not listed add the APN using the settings Internet APN settings from this link:http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/our-mobile-phone-apns-technical-settings?requestType=Nor...

See if this helps.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Re: Samsung S5 - new account, can spotify, cant connect to net, plenty of data left

Firemansam

Ok checked and yes it is on optus so didnt change anything.

But now its working, so I'm guessing I fixed it somehow by swearing at it?

Thanks for help

D

Davelew

I hope you know Optus listen to every swear word you use and you will find they charge you 10 cents for each swear word. So watch out for the next bill.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
39 Kudos
23 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos