Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Samsung S10+ Spam & Unwanted Calls

Does anyone with the S10+ know how you can block unwanted SMS messages from specific people, these are ones that dont have a number, but a company name like Suncorp or political parties ECT. With Huawei i was able to block keywords. I cant find this option on Samsung S10 plus.

I have also been receiving calls from a Optus Mobile Number, which is now blocked, when this number is called however it says "Optus Advises that this number is disconnected " how is it possible to call if its not connected?

Optus have been informed of this and it has gone through to investigation with them and law enforcement .

Thankyou Optus.
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Samsung S10+ Spam & Unwanted Calls

Have you tried going into the phone app > pressing the 3 dots in the top right hand corner > selecting settings > block numbers and then selecting "recents" to show recent calls you've received and selecting suncorp that way? That's the only option I can think of.

As for the calls from the Optus number, people are able to "spoof" phone numbers these days which makes it look like a call is coming from a phone number when it's really not. You've done the right thing requesting it be investigated, the rest is up to Optus/Law Enforcement. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Ive tried that option, unfortunately because it sms messages with just the name, the block option is removed, also you cannot reply with "stop" or "unsubscribe" just wont accept replies.

Before the last election i had the Mate.20 pro and i kept getting regular messages from Clive Palmer Party. Drove me insane, then i found the settings had block keywords. I cant do that with Samsung Messages App, which is unfortunate, because it has some features like schedule sms and pinning regular contacts to the top of the app, which Google Messages does not have. There's a few third party apps that has scheduled features but im not sure if they can block . Qksms is one.

Just a shame to use a third party app just because of one little feature.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Could just default Google messages and hide the samsung messages app
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Unfortunately Google Messages does not have keyword message block, it doesn't have pin to top or schedule message either. The only message app i found is key messages but this is $15.99 yearly subscription.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Stuff subscription lol
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

I agree $15.99 a year is steep considering its a fairly basic app, textra and qksms are customizable but no keyword block.

Maybe $12 for a one off lifetime purchase would be more desirable to people.

Huawei keyword block was baked in to the actual phone rather than just messaging, because it was working with Google's messages app.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Ok i found an SMS app on XDA, available in the playstore. Seems very good, completely customizable and has blocking abilities for what i need. All for a one off $5 donation.

Details are:
Yaata 1.43.8.21473