Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Shanisse
New Contributor
New Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Fault

Hi everyone, 

Was using my phone to take a picture this morning and my phone appeared to turn off mid-way. 
Then it flicked back on to where I was, then it froze there and nothing would work. So I pressed the power button to turn off the screen and put the phone down. (I thought maybe I had too much open or something and it needed time to load)

When I picked the phone up again, none of the buttons will work, the screen won't turn on and nothing - absolutely NOTHING is responding. 

I've tried:

*All different button combinations, including power, power and every other button (press once, tried holding), etc.

*Using the fingerprint sensor.

*Using the heart rate monitor.

*Covering the front and rear cameras and uncovering them again.

*Charging the phone - no vibrate, no screen, no light or any response at all.

*The phone is cold, has not been subjected to water, has not been subjected to heat, has not been thrown, has not been dropped. The screen has not been damaged. The phone has never needed repairs, it was brand new when I got it.

*The phone is about 3 months old.

*LED lights and notifications are not happening, the phone is not making any sounds or vibrations regardless of anything I've tried.

*I've tried calling the phone from another phone, it does not vibrate, light up and/or the screen does not turn on.

*Removing the sim and putting it back in again - no response again.

Note: The phone has recently undergone major updates to the software (upgraded to Oreo and updated all related samsung apps), which is the only change it has experienced for over a month.

TIA for any suggestions or help you can offer.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Fault

@Shanisse, I know you've mentioned that you've tried several different button combinations, but can I get you to try the following?

I'll get you to try a Soft Reset

Hold the power button and the volume-down button for roughly 7 seconds.

Let go of the buttons once you feel the device vibrate and see the GS8 logo on the screen.

Failing that, you might need to try a Factory Reset (hopefully your phone is backed up).

Hold the Volume up, Bixby, and Power buttons at the same time, and keep them held down until you see the Samsung logo.

you should be prompted with the Android Recovery Menu.

• Press the Volume down button four times, until Wipe data/Factory reset is highlighted. Select it using the Power button.
  • Press the Volume down button seven times until Yes — delete all user data is highlighted. Select it using the Power button, which triggers the reset process.
  • Once the factory reset is complete, press the Power button and select reboot system now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Shanisse
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S8+ Fault

Hi Dan, 

Already tried those two, no reponse from the phone... 
So I claimed the warranty at a local Optus store. Hopefully the phone comes back without too much problems. 
Thanks, 

Shanisse.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors