cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Vishant
New Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S7 4G Performance on Android Oreo Issues

Installed the Oreo update on my Samsung Galaxy S7 here in Melbourne. 4G performance has DRASTICALLY suffered. Gone from 4G speeds of 120Mbps to 3Mbps. Tried factory resetting the phone, resetting network settings and toggling mobile data on and off. Nothing works. Can someone please advise if they are having the same problems and if so, what a solution may be! 

Update: Forcing 3G and 2G mobile connection only, I manage ~30Mbps download speeds. So issue seems isolated to 4G

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 4G Performance on Android Oreo Issues

We haven't received any similar reports on our end @Vishant. Hopefully if there is someone experiencing the same issue after the update, they'll post back here. 

Let us know if you figure this one out. 

--------------------------------------------------------------
We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Vishant
New Contributor

So as an update from my original post.

I had already tried all the options listed in this thread (and I'm really appreciative of everyone who took the time to write a suggestion!), nothing explicitly seemed to work.

Where it stands now, it fluctuates. On some occassions it flies with 120Mbps, and then minutes later back down to 2-3Mbps. Not sure whats happening, though does seem at this stage the issue is isolated to me and not a wide spread symptom of the S7 Oreo update.

Thanks again all! 

0 Kudos
New Contributor TheTraveller
New Contributor

As the owner of 2 new Optus locked Galaxy J5 Pro's (one as live and one as a spare), I updated one with the new Android 8.1.0 update as "released and checked by Optus".

With the one upgraded to 8.1.0, and with Mobile network to 4G/3G/2G, download speeds are 0.1 - 2Mbps down / "Failed to complete upload test". Set the network to 3G only, download speeds are average 12Mbps down / 2Mbps upload.

Put Optus sim back into my Android 7 version "new spare phone", and upload / download speeds are proper (40-50Mbps down / 20-30Mbps up).

So it cannot be the hardware.

What has Optus done to the Android 8.1.0 update - seeing they "modified, checked and released it"?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor TheTraveller
New Contributor

Sorry forgot to add, even factory resetting the J5 Pro upgraded to Optus Android 8.1.0 update does not fix this issue.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors