cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Contributor theprofessional
Contributor

Samsung Galaxy S10+ free upgrade

Hi i like to know if optus is going to offer this

https://www.gsmarena.com/telstra_offers_to_upgrade_you_to_galaxy_s10_5g_later_if_you_buy_a_galaxy_s1...

so far only telstra is offering this as far as i know

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Samsung Galaxy S10+ free upgrade

As Optus has not announced any such deal then thats obviously a no.

Telstra must be loosing a huge amount of money with that scheme. Telstra did say they had the exclusive on a 5g phone - so this is obviously it.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
New Contributor Deadluui
New Contributor

does not look like they will offer this upgrade, i think optus should also honor this upgrade as Telstra has done, is a little ridiculous that the 4G version was released only a few months before the 5G version come out, maybe it should be Samsung that should offer the free upgrade all round

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

It was a Telstra exclusive which cost them a huge amount of money (they had to buy the s10 4g then also purchase the 5g model ontop of that, customers returned their now used s10 4g and no idea what will happe  to those).

As Optus has not officially launched 5g handsets and has made no public announcements with Samsung to sell tge 5g version you probably will be waiting a while. 

Perhaps a new 5g note 10?

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Top Contributors