cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor itagod
New Contributor

SMS message delays

Hi Guys 

i turn my samsung s9 phone off when sleeping but when i turn it back on 

it can take up to 4 hours to recieved SMS messages sent to me during the time my phone has been off 

Any Suggestions on how to fix this 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: SMS message delays

If your phone is off then sms are stored network side for a particular length of time (until deleted)

As sms is not a time critical service and you have turned off your phone the system will try to forward your sms at a later stage. 

You could always have your phone on silent when you sleep and you wont have this issue. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Four hours does seem unusually long even so. If I go DND I find SMSs appear almost as soon as I reconnect.

Have you been through the Message Settings in the phone? Perhaps ensure notifications are on etc.

Saw some generic help sites that just suggested the usual, soft reset, clear cache of the app, factory reset. But they seemed a bit of a long shot.

You could try change your SMS app to test and see if that is faster?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

@petergdownload dnd mode is still connected to network but the phone suppresses notifications wgere as turning off the device disconnects from the network for how ever long you sleep.

Would be best to look into a dnd/silent mode instead of turning those whole device off. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question?
Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, "dnd" was just a euphamisim on my part (for out of contact), but you're right they're technically different beasts.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors