cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Roger-from-nz
New Contributor

SIP settings for Optus home phone on Android

I want to work out the settings for my optus home phone to be programmed into an Android app (eg - Sipdroid & Csipsimple) to allow me to received my home phone calls directly on my mobile. 

Before anyone says "Just use conditional call forwarding" I won't be for the simple fact that I intend on changing from the Optus supplied Sagemcom F@ST x to an Asus DSL AC68U which is far superior to the one currently in use.

Does Optus allow these VOIP calls on the mobile network?

6 Replies
Contributor WhoIsAtlas
Contributor

Re: SIP settings for Optus home phone on Android

Nope. I'm usre there is a way of doing it but they'd never give out the SIP settings for security and billing reasons.

0 Kudos
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Roger-from-nz, WholsAtlas is correct. This isn't information we have or would be able to provide. When you can though, could you please send through a PM with your account or service number so I can check a few things here on my end?

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Roger-from-nz
New Contributor

I would PM you exceot for the fact that that the conversation would not be public.

So lets keep it here.

Despite your best intentions to investigate which account I should use for calling etc I already know the answer.

What I am trying to get at is:

1) If Optus will not allow end users the ability to receive inbound calls to there landline on there cell phone at no additional cost then Optus should get out of the VOIP market.

2) If one provider that is smaller than Optus can allow there customers access to this feature at zero additional cost then there is no reason why Optus should not consider doing the same.  The provider I speak of is "My Net Fone" MNF for short.

3) I feel that overall the multiply phone accounts that people traditionally had/have (home & mobile) need to be consolidated by the RSP. The end user should be able to receive the calls to both there landline and direct mobile calls on the one device.  With the current plans available for calling from the mobile phone it will almost always pay to make outbound calls from the mobile phone anyway.

4) Here is a APP development opportunity for Optus to create that works with there system.  The App will allow inbound home phone calls to be answered on the customers mobile phone.

5) If you do follow thru with this opportunity please be aware that I will provide my details for trailing and I will expect to be involved with the trail if permitted to do so.

6) As a loyal Optus customer (post paid mobile phone, NBN home broadband, home phone & Fetch TV) my base charges for being with you are >$2400/year. Lets not forget the easy additional charges I can incur month to month.... Mobile phone excess data + online purchases billed to my Optus account, + calls made from the landline, + Fetch TV purchases, etc etc etc.

7) Now the final question remains: Survey Please... Do Optus Customers want the ability to answer calls to there landline on there mobile phone when they are out of the house?  I can only imagine for this to possibly work is for end users to be connected to Optus' mobile network or a Wifi connection.

RetiredModerator Esther
RetiredModerator

Unfortunately this is not something we're supporting. We can assist you with Call Forwarding but that's the only feature I'm afraid.

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor jaromanda
Occasional Contributor

SIP on Android (or any SIP capable device/platform like asterisk) was easy to set up and use before the heavy handed "fix" to the back door discovered by "beetroot" - https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Broadband-Telephony/Netgear-cg3000v2-back-door-vulnerability/m-p/73...

So it's not a case of "we can't" - it's a case of "we won't"

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Andrew8429
Occasional Contributor

Hi Roger   I am totally with you on this.  I too will be changing from my lousy Optus router and frankly would like the opportunity to have any VOIP calls done via my smart phone.  Its not as if those calls are "landline" calls - they are over the internet.  

So why then will Optus not allow us to do that?  

Does anyone have a solution for getting/making Optus number VOIP calls via a smartphone without the Optus issued router being used?  It would be fabulous if there was an app for that.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors