Searching...

Mobile

Re: S8 video call

zimou13

I am trying to use the video calling feature in the native dialer app. Not skype or hangouts or any other video calling app. I know that those would work, but this is a specific scenario trying to make video calling as easy as possible for non-technical people.

I am on T-Mobile and so is my wife. We can use the native video calling feature through the dialer to call each other on our phones (S8 and S8+), but we can not video call my wife's parents on their S8+'s who are on Verizon. My wife's parents can video call each other fine, but they can not video call us. ShowBox: VidMate, Mobdro Store reps state that it should be able to work, but it doesn't.

Tmo -> Tmo works fine. Vzw -> Vzw works fine Tmo -> Vzw or Vzw -> Tmo does not work.

Is it a network thing? The store reps state it should work and they do not know why it is not working.

Kartika

Hey @zimou13, yes video calling is a network feature. Are you an Optus customer overseas in United States at the moment using T-Mobile network? Is your wife`s parents with Optus as well using roaming? 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

SideshowTim

I have S7 and until recently could do video call. Could also assign particular tone for SMS from contacts. Both are gone since software update. This is a Samsung issue I believe.

allo123

Hi, Quick Help  I have bored to connect iPhone Bluetooth to my car stereo too. As for this problem, now I have downloaded all my Apple Music songs to USB stick and play them without Bluetooth connection. In the process of transfer Apple Music to USB stick, You should remove DRM protection from Apple Music by AudFree Apple Music Converter, Foragentsonly

[ Edited ]
andrewpiana

I am trying to use the video calling feature in the native dialer app. Not skype or hangouts or any other video calling app. I know that those would work, but this is a specific scenario trying to make video calling as easy as possible for non-technical people.

I am on T-Mobile and so is my wife. We can use the native video calling feature through the dialer to call each other on our phones (S8 and S8+), but we can not video call my wife's parents on their S8+'s who are on Verizon. My wife's parents can video call each other fine, but they can not video call us. ShowBox: VidMate, Mobdro Store reps state that it should be able to work, but it doesn't.

Tmo -> Tmo works fine. Vzw -> Vzw works fine Tmo -> Vzw or Vzw -> Tmo does not work.

Is it a network thing? The store reps state it should work and they do not know why it is not working. 

Andrew  mybpcreditcard  

prepaidgiftbalance dgcustomerfirst
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos