Mobile

S8 video call

Kara1985

Hey how do you do video calls on the new s8 please 

Re: S8 video call

Yeldarb

Shauna

@Kara1985 - Have you checked out the link that @Yeldarb provided? My understanding is, you should still be able to do this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Squirta

I too am having the same issue with no video call being available in the contacts list.  I couldn't find any mention of it in the samsung manual or the online device guides.  Any ideas please?

AliciaCC

This didnt help. The option isnt there. Optus were no help, they said its not available foe Australian users which is crap cos my hubby and his mum can both do it.

Hannah-L

Hi @AliciaCC, apologies for the delay in response. Video call feature on any Andriod phone is app based. There is no direct video call feature on the phone itself. Google has a special app for video calls called Duo. You can use this or other apps like Skype, WhatsApp etc. similar to Facetime on an Apple device. 

Highlighted

MUCross

Sorry, but this is incorrect. Android phones, specifically S8's do have native video call options, I've seen this on my brothers phone who is on a different network provider. This is an Optus issue, not a handset issue.

Tano

It is a function available on the Galaxy S8 using the native in-call feature, however if it's not available as a call option this would suggest it's not currently available on your service.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Matt2741

So as Optus have replaced the video call feature with a messaging button if i came away from Optus and when with a competitor who do support the video feature how would i get this feature to show again on the handset.

Aman_B

Hi @Matt2741, I'd recommend checking this with a Non Optus SIM. Please do let us know how you go with this. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos