Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Restoring deleted text messages

[ Edited ]
delarne

Hi

I have accidently deleted some very important text messages & need to retrieve them. Can someone tell me how to do this please? I'm desperate to get them back. I have a Samsung S7. Ta

Re: Restoring deleted text messages

caaf

Hi there,

If you backup your device regularly you could more than likely restore the messages.. Optus nor any other telco I know restore SMS. 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

delarne

Thanks Dave but my phone hasn't been backed up since last year (my bad) & I've only been able to retrieve messages from then & not the most recent & important ones :-(

Solution

caaf

What a pain! You're then fullly informed that I found you don't back it up there's nothing to restore (currently). Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if that area has already been over written. Don't bother with those dodgy app that claim to restore stuff (never seen one work) but they're good to take your desperate money.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. Smiley Wink
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lando

If you have a Google account, it can back it up all for you and restore it when you need it. 

You usually notice this feature when changing to another Android device. 

Droider

Look here, there are a lot of text messages recovery. 

stephanic

There is a possibility to get back lost/deleted text messages from phone. You should check your backup first. It might happen that you have created backup of old text messages somewhere and it will help you to come out of the situation.

But I know that lots of users don't keep a backup of their valuable data and text messages especially. So in this situation, I would suggest you to use a powerful recovery sofwtare that can easily recover lost text messages from phone.

http://www.androiddata-recovery.com/blog/android-sms-recovery

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
34 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
13 Kudos