Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
delarne
New Contributor
New Contributor

Restoring deleted text messages

Hi

I have accidently deleted some very important text messages & need to retrieve them. Can someone tell me how to do this please? I'm desperate to get them back. I have a Samsung S7. Ta

0 Kudos
7 Replies
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Restoring deleted text messages

Hi there,

If you backup your device regularly you could more than likely restore the messages.. Optus nor any other telco I know restore SMS. 

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
delarne
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dave but my phone hasn't been backed up since last year (my bad) & I've only been able to retrieve messages from then & not the most recent & important ones 😞

0 Kudos
caaf
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

What a pain! You're then fullly informed that I found you don't back it up there's nothing to restore (currently). Sadly I wouldn't be surprised if that area has already been over written. Don't bother with those dodgy app that claim to restore stuff (never seen one work) but they're good to take your desperate money.

Cheers Dave

Note..This is an open and public support forum please refrain from posting private/personal information. 😉
I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Lando
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

If you have a Google account, it can back it up all for you and restore it when you need it. 

You usually notice this feature when changing to another Android device. 

Droider
New Contributor
New Contributor

Look here, there are a lot of text messages recovery. 

0 Kudos
stephanic
New Contributor
New Contributor

There is a possibility to get back lost/deleted text messages from phone. You should check your backup first. It might happen that you have created backup of old text messages somewhere and it will help you to come out of the situation.

But I know that lots of users don't keep a backup of their valuable data and text messages especially. So in this situation, I would suggest you to use a powerful recovery sofwtare that can easily recover lost text messages from phone.

http://www.androiddata-recovery.com/blog/android-sms-recovery

0 Kudos
gesemaf937
New Contributor
New Contributor

It is possible to recover deleted text messages from Android device. First, you can check your local backup of your phone in setting app. If you have found SMS and messages Local backup then, you restore it on your mobile. If you doesn't able to restore data from local backup of mobile then, you can also take the help of Android Data Recovery. It can recover all types of lost data from Android phone. 

I am professional blogger on Stillbon Articles.com/
0 Kudos