Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
turbit
New Contributor
New Contributor

Remove swipe screen

I had a swipe screen called Start on my A4. I am not sure if that is the right name. It is the screen that you swipe to get to the home page. Anyway, this is a great little screen as I could just swipe to open, or go directly to a number of other apps by swiping to some icons. 

I did a major Optus android upgrade to the software a few weeks ago, and Start is still there. The problem is that instead of being able to swipe and go directly to the home page, it takes me to another Optus screen which I also have to swipe. 

The page is a crinkly background in blues, greens and yellow. It shows Yes Optus in the top right, current time in the middle, and a bunch of things like software update, Contents Hidden.

How do I get rid of this screen? It was not there before the android update.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Remove swipe screen

Hey @turbit, without being to test the device myself, it's a little difficult to assist with this one. I would advise reaching out to Samsung directly who may be able to provide further insights into which settings you can/can't modify.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
turbit
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Remove swipe screen

Spent about 3/4 of an hour in a chat with Samsung who ended up telling me it was an Optus issue. Since it has "Yes Optus" at the top left of the screen, that sounds like a valid diagnosis.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors