Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Love09121984
New Contributor
New Contributor

Remove optus logo

Hi. I recently got huawei mate 20 pro from optus. I just want to know how can i remove that optus startup screen everytime i restart the phone. I tried formating the phone .but i am getting a new software with optus app and logo and that stupid startup screen. Can anybody please tell me how to remove that and install fresh stock  android 9.0

Thanku

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Yeldarb
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remove optus logo

I don’t like branding myself however the only way to remove it is to install firmware that does not have it. This unfortunately is much easier said than done and any attempt at installing different firmware may result in your phone being damaged permanently with no option to pursue this under warranty.

Dan_C
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You'd need to flash your existing firmware.

Not something I'd suggest unless you know exactly what you're doing.

The firmware is optimised for use on the Optus Network and may be required to access certain functionality.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
AndrewC1
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

The firmware is not optimized for use on the optus network. It is branding and removing options that Optus do NOT want you to play with.

If it is optimized, then please let me know which areas of the network or radio areas have been optimized.

Top Contributors