Searching...

Mobile

Prepaid Data Usage When Mobile Data is off

prb1

I am on an Optus Prepaid Daily 3G 'plan' . I am supposed to only get $3 a day deducted if I initiate a call, message or use data.  My phone is set to mobile data off and data saver is on. I am connected to WIFI when at home. My question is  - Is it possible to still have a data use with Optus (and therefore be charged $3 every day by Optus) if I have mobile data off  etc.  

Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: Prepaid Data Usage When Mobile Data is off

Jeneral__Pain

You still have to pay the $3 per day, you don't get it for free "if you dont use it".

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

prb1

Thanks for your reply Smiley Happy  but no, you don't have to pay the $3 a day if you don't use it.

"You only pay the usage fee on the days you use the service. The $3 fee is deducted from your credit when you make the first outbound standard national call, SMS or MMS, when you access Voicemail or use mobile internet data after 12:00am (local time). You are not charged on the days you do not use the service for any of these usage types."

http://smb.optus.com.au/opfiles/Shop/All/cis/Cis%20Documents/1390050_CIS_Optus_Optus_Prepaid_Daily_3...

My question was because I was suddenly being charged $3 daily for using data, when my mobile data was turned off on my phone and I was connected to WIFI at home. 

Jeneral__Pain

Just because “data is offline” does not mean your device doesn’t generate a request.

what phone is it? 

As both iphone and android devices often have wifi assist which when the signal is weak or slow, that it shifts to using data.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

prb1

Nokia 8 and 'switch to mobile data automatically' is set to off.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
14 Kudos
13 Kudos