cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Phone Frozen

I typed in my PIN for my lockscreen this morning, hit the tick button as usual...and NOTHING. My screen is now frozen, I cant turn the phone off, there is no battery to remove. Its just stuck. Any suggestions? Its an OPTUS phone.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Phone Frozen

You could try a hard reset (You'll loose all settings and data on the phone - it will return to how it was on day one)

Read the 'How to factory reset your phone with hardware buttons'  on this page

Regards

Peter Gillespie

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter. When you say "lose all data" you mean photos, messages etc?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Yep. Returns to your day one out of box phone. 

Note, may not work anyway but something to try if you can't figure something else out.

Maybe take it into an optus store?

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

LET IT GO!!!

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Before hard resetting i would try. holding the UP volume button and the power button for 10-20 secs, this may put it into a reboot into safe mode at which point just restart phone as normal.

Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey @Rozz, @SteveV has offered a good suggestion. Rebooting your phone in safe mode will load Android OS without any third party applications. If the handset can be used as normal whilst in safe mode, you can confidently conclude that a third party application is the source of your trouble.

I guess the tedious part would be going ahead and removing each third party application one by one until the handset is able to boot up normally. If you have any other questions for us, feel free to send them through Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors