cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Other data usage

I'd just like to know where the 24% of my data is going to as 'extra usage'. I've never hit my limit with my data, but suddenly I'm at the top with 2 weeks to go. Please answer
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Other data usage

Hi @Meigo, that extra data usage is generally made up all the other data usage sources that aren't large enough to be included in the main data usage categories. If you have donated any data, it will also appear in the other usage category.

For more info, I recommend checking out our Understanding & managing your data usage guide. 

If you do have any other questions regarding your data usage, we'd be happy to help out. We would just need you to send us a message via the My Optus App so we can securely verify your account details.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Understandable, but between home and work WiFi networks, I barely use any data. There is no feasible way I've used so much data in two weeks. Plus, my phones own data breakdown says I've barely used 2gb
0 Kudos
Highlighted

I do see where you're coming from @Meigo. I recommend sending us a message via the My Optus App so we can verify your details and look into the data breakdown for you. We're unable to do this through Yes Crowd as it's a public forum. Jack

0 Kudos
Top Contributors