Searching...

Mobile

Optus website problem with Android Swype.

petergdownload

Hi, 

Not sure how widespread this issue is but thought I'd mention it here as it seems only to affect the Optus forum IME. 

Using Android pixel with latest fw. Mobile view of the website.

Basically you type on the onscreen keyboard by swiping around the keys. Sometime the wrong word gets entered (for example I got entrees instead of entered there) but you get several optional guesses listed that you can just tap and it replaces the word. Works on every site I know but is very intermittent here. Here the word just gets jumbled up and needs to be deleted and re entered.

I have a theory is related to the auto save feature of the site that keeps a record of what you have already tired in a thread. But that's just a theory. 

Peter Gillespie

Re: Optus website problem with Android Swype.

Jeneral__Pain

I've never seen a device "remember what you type" especially for forums on a mobile device. They do learn "words" so autocorrect keeps up with your typing, but nothing like you describe.

It could also be, that the Optus "YesCrowd" site isn't compatible with the browser on your Android Swype.

What mobile browser are you using?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

[ Edited ]
petergdownload

Hi JP, 

Thanks for the ideas. Note its is not the device remembering what i type but the optus website. This is fairly unique ime. To test just reply to any post but don't hit the post button at the end. Close the browser. Then reopen and navigate back to the thread and hit reply to the same post. You'll see a message to load or discard existing data. I wonder if this passive save feature is some how interfering with Swype.

I'm on Chrome. However it's only the Optus website I've seen this issue occur. Swype works ho where else. Mobile and desktop sites. Just one for the Optus boffins I reckon.

Peter Gillespie

Jeneral__Pain

So in other words, it's saving the draft.

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.

petergdownload

Yep. It seems to do this at regular intervals (every 5 seconds?)  No idea if it's in anyway related but just a thought.

Peter Gillespie

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
69 Kudos
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
38 Kudos
34 Kudos