cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Optus sport

I have upgraded to a plan which includes Optus sport, should I have premium access? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus sport

If your plan is active and it definitely includes it, then yes. Note that sometimes when changing plans Optus will only make it come into play as of the next billing cycle so you may still have to wait. 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks SamSam

I managed to find the relevant fine print which explains that the included Optus sport is for basic access only, a service that is freely available anyway. 

My excitement at being able to watch live sport has been dulled by the reality that my Optus sport package is actually very limited replays of English soccer. 

Caveat emptor.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Really?? Can I ask which plan you switched to? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

12 mth post paid sim only, $50 mth 30gb + call n text 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

As per this page the premium Optus Sport subscription is included in that plan. You're definitely eligible so chase this up.

What fine print did you find? 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks SamSam 

It does say on that page "Some streaming services require paid subscriptions".

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

It does but that's for Netflix and Stan given that Optus make these data free on their mobile network (so it doesn't use your included monthly data allowance) but as you can see the Optus Sport logo towards the bottom of your plan, you have a "paid" subscription to Optus sport included. I'm absolutely sure you are eligible for this, no need to pay extra. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I managed to talk with a real live human who offered to help then told me that they were having problems with 'the system' at that time so we agreed that he would call me at 4pm the following day.

Can you believe this?, at 4pm next day guess what?, no phone call......'shock', 'horror'!!!!!!

Call me cynical but sometimes (forever actually) I feel like Optus doesn't really care about me.

Not that big a fan of the EPL anyway .

0 Kudos