cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Serena_YC

Re: Optus neefs to switch on Google Home telephone calls

Hi @theonlywoody

This feature is not yet available with Optus at this stage. 

Unfortunately, we do not have any information yet on when this will be available. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Tayls959
New Contributor
New Contributor

Vodafone said the same about 3g, Kodak about digital cameras. Be proactive Optus not shite. I left to Telstra, purely because I wanted full automation
Magpie_moore
New Contributor
New Contributor

Old thread, but even more relevant now than it was 12 months ago. I've just decked my house out with Google Nest (as I'm sure lots of people did over Christmas). I now predominantly work from home, and this technology will help me immensely, but I need to be able to make calls via Google Nest to make the most of it. I'm a long time Optus customer, but if there's no plan on bringing Optus into the Google Nest ecosystem, I'll simply have to switch to Telstra, as much as that pains me...
0 Kudos
Ness_YC

Hey @Magpie_moore, we appreciate you sharing your thoughts. This feature is not yet available with Optus at this stage. Unfortunately, we do not have any information yet on when this will be available. For now, we only have features that links your Google Home to eligible Android smartphones and Fetch Set Top Boxes

Nevertheless, I have marked your post as feedback for the relevant teams to review. Happy Holidays. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

DavidHarraway
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi Optus,

I understand the Corporate/Marketing response "we don't have any plans to implement this" and appreciate that you were clearly trumped by Telstra's negotiating powers in relation to dealing with Google; but you really ought to know this this kind of functionality - being able to make  handsfree calls is widely used by people with Disabilities in the States and Canada; and so therefore does probably fall under your Community Services obligations to provide Accessible telephony  https://www.optus.com.au/about/inclusion-diversity/accessibility/accessibility-services Also on that - it's been a while since your Disablity Action Plan has been updated ....technology has progressed quite a lot since 2014 ....just saying!  

0 Kudos
Sarah_YC

Hi @DavidHarraway,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. 

We'll be sure to pass it on to the relevant teams for review and future consideration. 

DavidHarraway
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the response. I work for a big company too so am aware that nothing happens with it going through channels. cheers, David

0 Kudos
nb525
New Contributor
New Contributor

Do we have an update for duo? Seems like an extremely slow take up by Optus typically
0 Kudos
George_YC

Hi @nb525, there's no update on this as of yet. Rest assured, it's been raised with the relevant teams for further review. 

Chrisharris1173
New Contributor
New Contributor

So two years later and the the good customers of Optus are still waiting for a positive response.
Cue the generic response....Pass it on blah blah.

So yes or no? Let your customers make an informed decision.
0 Kudos