Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor Funsky
Occasional Contributor

Optus neefs to switch on Google Home telephone calls

Telstra has switched this on. Its a feature that all Optus loyal customers are wanting. How long do we have to wait? (U have wifi calling so this is just the next step).
5 Replies
Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Optus neefs to switch on Google Home telephone calls

This looks cool! It's not as simple as just "switching it on" though. Past experience suggests Optus won't launch this feature as there's not a huge market for it at the moment. Look at visual voicemail as an example, an amazing service that enriches a users mobile experience but it's not well known enough to push Optus to provide it

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I can't say that I've heard any  talk around voice activated calling for the Google Nest.

It's not something that's currently on our radar. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor PauloTlc
New Contributor

So I need to get a Telstra mobile service to make voice calls via Google Nest devices. With future devices obviously needing this feature I believe Optus should look into soon.
Highlighted
New Contributor Tayls959
New Contributor

Yeah and vodaphone didn't hear much noise with 4g but it was in demand and they dropped the ball. Don't drop the ball on AI optus. I am switching back to Telstra purely because they offer this
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor Tayls959
New Contributor

It's not like Optus to be proactive, only reactive. I'd make the switch
Top Contributors