Searching...

Mobile

Optus locked Opp A37 prepaid mobile phone

panu

Hi Crowd

I bought an Oppo A37 mobile from Trget at Roseland shopping center. Since I ma visitor here and going to use the mobile phone with overseas SIM, I wanted to proceed with Optus unlocking through their website by paying $80. I filled up all the fields correctly but prompt shows "This mobile device is not a locked Optus prepaid mobile device.

Click here to return to the beginning".

Please help me, I need to unlock it before departure from Australia

Re: Optus locked Opp A37 prepaid mobile phone

Yeldarb

Have you tried another carrier sim such as $2 sim from the post office or a friends sim to see if it works? It might not be locked.

Highlighted

panu

Have tried other SIMs, not working. Allows only emergency. When Optus prepid SIM (that came with mobile) inserted, it works fine.

Yeldarb

Maybe because its never been used is why it says its not locked to the network as such. It might pay to speak with support and see what they say.

panu

It is activated on Optus prepaid card and working fine on Optus network. This phone network locked for Optus prepaid use only

Yeldarb

Ok I wasn't sure from your post however the steps you have followed seem to be correct to me. Have a word to support on the live chat link below and they will most likely give you  the number to the unlocking department.

http://www.optus.com.au/shop/notices/service-chat

Toomey

Hey @panu, I'm sorry you have not been able to unlock the phone. As mentioned on our unlocking page, "We can only remove a network lock from devices sold by Optus directly". As this phone was purchased from Target, it may not be possible I'm afraid. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
39 Kudos
22 Kudos
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos