cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor kmh
New Contributor

Optus X Sleek - unable to send/receive MMS

Since buying an Optus X Sleek, I've been unable to send or receive MMS.  I've been through Tech Support on the phone, I've also been into an Optus shop today and they swapped the SIM, but nothing has fixed the issue and they are unsure of the solution (other than a factory re-set then sending the phone away, which seems crazy for such a simple thing).  Can anyone please help?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

Re: Optus X Sleek - unable to send/receive MMS

Hi @kmh - Sorry to hear about your issues with your new handset 😞 Are you able to send SMS and make calls okay? How's your coverage? Feel free to send your details (Mob #, full name and DOB) via PM so we can take a look and make sure everything provisioned correctly on our end. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor kmh
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply, Shauna.  I have no issues with sending or receiving calls or SMS.  The problem is only with MMS.  I have perfect coverage...

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Mike-N
RetiredModerator

No worries @kmh. Please send us a private message confirming your number, full name and date of birth. Also, in your message can you please confirm your mobile data is switched on and working? Thank you!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor kmh
New Contributor

Hi Mike-N,

thanks for your reply. Yes, mobile data is switched on and working. I've been through all the settings with Tech support over the phone and the assistants in store. A new SIM was inserted too.  I'll PM my details

thanks

0 Kudos
New Contributor lenner79
New Contributor

Hello.

I've had the we issue - no MMS on my brand new Optus Sleek phone.

1. I spent time with Optus technicians over the phone, tweekig settings, etc to no avail.

2. Went in store and grabbed a new sim card. This fixed the issue temporarily.

3. For some reasonS has since stopped working again.

Data, 4G, SMS, calls all work fine - just no MMS.

Can anyone help???

Thanks 

New Contributor kmh
New Contributor

Sounds like we have the same problem exactly, except my replacement SIM didn't ever solve the problem. The sending /receiving of all MMS is still unresolved...

0 Kudos
Moderator Vicky

Really sorry about the delay in getting back to you there @lenner79 and @kmh. Can I get you to confirm if the issue is still ongoing? We can go through some basic trouble shooting with you here however our Technical Support team would have the resources to look into this for you further and potentially fault raise a case if required. I recommend checking out the instructions on our website here → http://www.optus.com.au/shop/support/answer/cant-send-or-receive-mms-mobile-phone-troubleshooting?re... to see if this helps.

0 Kudos
New Contributor Beebee7
New Contributor

I am having the same issue with my optus sleek. This is clearly an issue across the board and not just with the optus sleek. This is an optus issue so why can't they work it out? I actually left optus for my mobile phone because dealing with tech support is a horrific process yet here I am again.... I'm not going to bother emailing or messaging my details as this is a glitch not an issue with just me. I refuse to waste my life on the phone or email trying to sort out problems that are from Optus end. So optus can you just solve this issue and let us know please how to fix it? I'm off to leave a bad review now. Sick of this rubbish! 

0 Kudos
New Contributor lenner79
New Contributor

Gday. The answer is Textra!

I spoke to an Optus tech, we tried all the usual methods to fix the issue, nothing worked. His final solution was to download a third party app called Textra. It is a messaging app. This worked for me and I could send and receive MMS instantly. The minute I went back to try the factory/standard message app again, the issue remained. 

I've now been using Textra (ironically sounds a bit like Telstra) for a week or so and have had no issues sending and receiving both standard and MMS messages. I'd still rather use the Optus software if there was a way to fix it, but no one at Optus appears to be able to get to the root of the problem and at the moment seem happy with the Textra 'bandaid' solution.

Cheers