Searching...

Mobile

Optus X Sleek. WHERE ARE MY SECURITY UPDATES!?!?!

XEON

When Was the last the Optus X Sleek got a security update?

I know Feature Updates take a very long process and at this point are long gone but WHERE ARE THE SECURITY UPDATES!!

the Optus X Sleek is still on Android Marshmallow (6.0) probably meaning you don’t support it.

so feature updates are long gone but where are the security updates?

you know, THE UPDATES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO MY SECURITY AND PRIVACY!!!

If I can’t get any type of updates then WHERE IS THE NOTICE!?

WHERE IS MESSAGE SAYING I WONT RECEIVE UPDATES!?

I’ve had this phone Since January 2017 and have not RECEIVED ANY UPDATES SINCE I PURCHASED THE PHONE!!

If it isn’t supported then do you ONLY SUPPORT YOUR PHONES FOR A YEAR?!!!! BECAUSE IT WAS A 1 YEAR OLD PHONE PRODUCT LINE WHEN I BOUGHT IT!!!!

Re: Optus X Sleek. WHERE ARE MY SECURITY UPDATES!?!?!

Paddylee

All android software releases are posted every few weeks e.g. https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Android-Software-Updates-18-04-2019/bc-p/556886#M18699

As Alcatel make the device it would be up to them to provde updates - as I dont think Google is creating patches for Android 6 (they are preparing to launch 10)

I could not find the phone on the Alcatel website (its a Shine light 5080Q) so its hard to determine if they released any updates at all.

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!

XEON

Alcatel do have it on thier website, it's just not on the Australian Site.

https://eu.alcatelmobile.com/en/mobile/smartphones/shine-lite-heroes/

The reason I would like some updates is because im concerned for my security (especially with all the new exploits being found) since it hasn't been updated for about 2 years.

Paddylee

It would be up to Alcatel to suppy Optus with any updates. 

As this phone shows as Android 6 being the current operating system any security updates are not likely at all. 

Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip? Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and/or Accepted Solution their way!
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
20 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos