Searching...

Mobile

Optus X Sleek (Alcatel Shine Lite/ TCL 5080Q)

nboss

Hello all.

This is my first post so I'm sorry if I miss out on some things.

I recently bought a Alcatel Shine Lite (Optus X Sleek) around a month ago, and recently have been looking to root it for Uni. However after a decent month or so of downloading root programs (King Root, iRoot, Framaroot, dr.fone etc...), looking for CWM and TWRP recoveries, and trying to find the bootloader via Alcatel, has all led to dead ends.

I was just wondering if there was anything that I was missing out on at all, or if maybe someone else had better luck than me or even if someone could help me root the phone.

I understand that rooting my phone will most likely void my warrenty, but it's a risk I'm willing to take

I've also tried manually rooting via ADB tools and loading root tools via ADB tools.

At this point I'm pretty desperate, so any help with rooting my phone would be awesome.

Phone Specs/details:
Phone Name: Alcatel Shine Lite/ Optus X Sleek
Model number: 5080q
Android Version: 6.0
Baseband Version: MT6737
Kernel Version: 3.18.20
Build number: 01004
Custom build version: alps-mp-m0.mp1-V2.55.6_jhz6737t.65.m0_P77

Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: Optus X Sleek (Alcatel Shine Lite/ TCL 5080Q)

nboss

Nothing? Not even from a dev? Really??

Esther

Hey nboss - happy for our community members to lend a hand with this but it's not something Optus is able to provide support for. Best of luck! 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

butterghost

Hi,

Just wanted to say this is an incredibly poor stance to take and I will not be purchasing Optus products in the future. While it's obvious that you can't officially support rooting an Android device the stance of "Well if our community can do it then sure" without so much as a suggestion is terrible.

I recently attempted to root my Optus X Sleek due to the recent File Manager update being complete bloatware, covered in advertisements and shady "BOOST NOW" buttons, that is impossible to uninstall without rooting my android. My only option was to factory reset it as Optus is content with forcing dangerous advertisements on paying customers.

Aman_B

Hi @butterghost, apologies for the hassle. Please note rooting a handset will void the manufacturer warranty. With regards to the ass on the handset most of the apps can be either deleted or forced stop. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Skottierollins

I have an optus x sleek id like to network unlock the imei is 353079080069625  please help me 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos