cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus X Sight - no option to add widgets

I've just bought a new Optus X Sight handset (Alcatel 1B) and there is no option anywhere to add widgets to a home screen or any other screen.

If I long press on the home screen i can change wallpaper and change shortcuts etc but there is no widgets option anywhere. This means many basic apps/wodgets aren't ususable at all.

Please help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Optus X Sight - no option to add widgets

Hey @customer_99x, not all mobile handsets models have widgets available however you will still be able to use the Apps on your home screen. I would recommend having a look at our Mobile Device Guides which will provide you with some more information to guide you through your handsets settings and features.   

If you were still having some issues navigating through the functions of your mobile device, I would recommend heading into store and the teams on site will be able to guide you through its set up. Alternatively our Tech Teams are available 24/7 via the MyOptus App and would be more than happy to assist as well.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Optus X Sight - no option to add widgets

Apparently this is an issue with the Android Go operating system, which is a very bare bones stripped-down version of Android.

Had I known this, I never would have bought the phone, I feel very ripped off.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors