cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor EmSm
Occasional Contributor

Optus Webmail Desktop version on Android

I access my optus email via my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. I cannot get the Desktop version of the Optus webmail to work, unlike Gmail which works beautifully. I, therefore, cannot attach file/image to my message sent via Optus webmail on my Tab S2. Could someone give me some advice / help me with what to do? Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Optus Webmail Desktop version on Android

If you are using Chrome to view your webmail is there no option in the Chrome settings tab to request the desktop site?

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I tried both Chrome and the internet app on the tablet itself, both have options for desktop version. But the desktop version is exactly the same as the mobile version, i.e., no option to attach file/image. With Gmail, when I tap on Desktop version, it works. Optus's doesn’t. I would appreciate expert advice, thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Hey Em Sm Smiley Happy 

Have you checked out how to add attachment's here to see if this provides you with more information.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Marie,

I have read through the document with the link you have provided below. But I don’t see 'My Optus Email Account' in Step 4. I have only seen the list of my mobiles in my Bills. I tried unsuccessfully to request for my home phone and cable account to be linked to the Bills. I gave up after several attempts. Can you please help with linking the account? Then, I would be able to move forward. Thsnks very much.

Also, in my account profile, I took me at least 3 goes to change/update my alternative email address.

Another thing is that, Optus asks me to change my username to my email address, which is my primary optusnet email address that comes up automatically on the screen. But when I confirm the email address,  I have got an error and can't manage to change my username. I have given up this, too. Could you please advice?

Thanks very much for your help. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Marie

Yikes! 

That's no good EmSm Smiley Sad 

Can you please PM me your account details (username/ service number/ account number) as well as your full name and date of birth and I'll check this out for you.

Cheers 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Marie,

Couldn’t find you on Messenger.

Could you please email me and I will reply with the details?

Thanks very much for your help. 

Cheers, EmSm

0 Kudos
Moderator Alistar

Hi EmSM, you'll just need to click our username and once on our profile click message on the top right hand side. Al

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

There is no 'Message' to click on the top right of the screen. There is 'Offline' in red.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

The button to send privage message is under your profile, above 'BADGES'. :-)

0 Kudos
Top Contributors