Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Optus Sports Android App - Cast to Telstra TV

I understand it's Telstra TV hardware (ROKU) but just want to confirm if Optus Sports App in Android does actually prohibit the casting to Telstra TV?

I can see my Chromecast listed there but not Telstra TV.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Optus Sports Android App - Cast to Telstra TV

Hi

My guess is it would not let you cast to Telstra tv. Optus bought the EPL rights to encourage new customers to Optus.

If you have Chromecast it is a great way to stream the Optus app to your tv.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

However I believe the data is no longer counted as free once you stream to another screen.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

You are right Peter but if you use Chromecast it would be using the data from your broadband connection and most people now have unlimited or high data limits.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Chromecast and Apple TV are the only supported casting platforms at the moment. Check out this article for more information → How do I watch Optus Sport on the TV at home?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos