cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jono_YC

Re: Optus Sport on Sony Android TV Playback Issues

It's disappointing to hear that we've left you feeling this way, @Wittty

If you could send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with In-App reference number, we'll be able to investigate this further for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Feeling what way? I never discussed my feelings Jono?
0 Kudos
chucknorris20
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

It's 100% an Optus Android App issue. The sound is flawless but the picture just stutters constantly on mini matches and on demand. It's not a buffering problem.

I have Netflix in 4K, Amazon prime, Disney + Kayo, NBA league pass, Stan, Plex - all on my Bravia and all work flawlessly in 4K and HD. Also have 100mbps NBN. Zero other issues.
Jono_YC

Hi @chucknorris20 it's not great to hear that you were having playback issues. If issues persist, we recommend raising an In-App case through the Optus Sport app.

Alternatively, we're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
chucknorris20
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Ok bot! Already done that a few times and been palmed off.
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

I can understand where you're coming from @chucknorris20 however we're limited in what we can assist you with via this forum. Moving forward you will either need to raise an In-App case via the Optus Sport App or contact us through social media for further assistance. 

0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

For those of you with the problem, I urge you to raise it with Optus - if enough of us complain, it’s the only way it’ll get fixed. I still find it appalling that their content team refuse to fix it, even after they admitted it’s a fault on their end.
King2j
New Contributor
New Contributor

I don't think it's a Sony tv issue. My tcl with Android tv has the same issue with the Optus sport app. When I watch football on kayo I have no issues but on Optus sport it's just painful to watch. Anyone here heard back from Optus yet on the issue yet?
0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

The social media team have advised it’s still pending and no ETA on the fix just yet.
0 Kudos
Chrise85
New Contributor
New Contributor

It happens on my TCL Android TV aswell. Kayo and NBA TV apps stream perfect
0 Kudos
Top Contributors