Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Sport on Sony Android TV Playback Issues

no offence intended, but i've done this with the social media team numerous times and nothing has been fixed.      Sorry,  but I just don't have the time sitting around talking to someone and repeating the same story again.

The OPTUS Sport android TV app hasn't been updated since September.   Maybe tell your Android TV app developers to start there and investigate the issue properly and thoroughly instead of putting your customers through the ringer numerous times for zero solution. 

We are paying customers.  We shouldn't be testers for your app developers.  

samlfcynwa
Contributor
Contributor

Well said
0 Kudos
Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Well said @Blottski

My support case raised a week or so ago got a reply “we appreciate your patience, please bear with us while we check with the relevant team” and nothing more.

The issue is still there and it is a shame that teams don’t seem to be talking to each other or collaborating to resolve this issue.
0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

My case apparently was escalated to the complaints department (apparently the buck stops with them) and they have advised that the issue cannot be fixed. Instead they have offered to cancel my contract at no charge as they cannot “meet my expectations”. Unfortunately the contents team are adamant it’s been fixed on their end but if there has been no update since September l, then they’re either telling me fibs or they have no idea what they are doing. It’s really disappointing that Optus do not want to fix the issue and instead are prepared to let their customers go. I have the email trail and direct contact of the complaints official for anyone who’s interested. If the free to air apps work on my TV, then Optus really have no excuses.
Tuong_YC

Hey @Savvy82, free to air channels operate on another connection that is not the same as Optus Sport. As mentioned, we would be more than happy to follow up and assist further. If you could please send through the reference number relating to your concern via the options provided above, we will be able to advise further.

I should also mention that whilst I can certainly appreciate that this viewing issue can be rather taxing, I would recommend keeping your interactions via one channel just so we can assist in the best possible way and avoid miscommunication

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

@Tuong_YC this is the 2nd time your have misinterpreted my post. I stated the free to air APPS!!! You think I don’t know the difference? These apps available on my android TV provide On Demand and Live content that work perfectly FREE OF CHARGE! Sharpen up my friend.
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Apologies for the human error there @Savvy82. Being a public forum, its a little hard to look into your concern and assist with your Optus Sport issues- however if you could send through some more details via our other channels with username handle, that would be much appreciated. From there, we will be able to follow up.

Should you not want to discuss this online, our Support teams are also available over the phone at 133 937 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Watching the Saturday overnight goals today worked smooth but watching highlights individually it was choppy. Almost like someone presses pause then unpause really quickly every couple of seconds.
0 Kudos
Jono_YC

Hi @Wittty it's not great to hear that you were having issues watching the highlights today. If issues persist, we recommend raising an In-App case through the Optus Sport app.

Alternatively, we're also available to assist via Social Media. Please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

0 Kudos
Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Jono, if you had bothered to read my previous messages in this forum you would have seen that i have already done that.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors