cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Jack_YC

Re: Optus Sport on Sony Android TV Playback Issues

HI there @Wittty, thanks for the update. It's good to see that you've raised the support case and this issue has now been escalated internally. 

Our TV and Content team will be following up on this in order to reach a solution as soon as possible. If you do have any further questions, I recommend reaching back out to that team via your support case. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Why can't this issue be openly discussed on this forum by your support team Optus? Regular updates on where Optus is at with this fix would be good to see rather than a "we are working on it". Wouldn't this help everyone that is having the same problem, rather than addressing the issue one support case at a time on the side? Thought the whole point of Yes Crowd is to address issues/problems as a group (Crowd)?
Jack_YC

@Wittty Our TV and Content team prefer to contact customers via the support cases as it allows them to verify each users details and provide individual updates and support to the end user. 

I do see your point about providing group public updates for these sorts of issues via Yes Crowd, so I've flagged your post as feedback for the relevant teams to review. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Optus really appreciate it. How many people have raised a support case for this out of curiosity?

0 Kudos
Jack_YC

You're welcome @Wittty. I'm not privy to the actual amount of support cases for this issue as these cases are managed by our TV and Content team. 

I recommend reaching out through your support case if you do have further questions relating to this issue.

Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Tested my work around solution on Page 4 this Morning and it works perfectly.

Launched the Spurs game in the the app and the playback is still jittery, so went to the TV guide within the app and opened the game through that on my Sony Bravia and working fine.

Lucky it was on Optus Sport 1 today so can watch smoothly. Keen to hear if this works for anyone else or just me? Please let me know.

Reminder that this will only work on Optus Sport Channels 1 & 2 as the other channels are not in the TV guide.

0 Kudos
Adam1984
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’ve noticed that the issue doesn’t happen when watching games live. I follow the EPL so watching live games isn’t really an option with the time difference.
0 Kudos
Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Adam1984,

I tend to watch most my games live and it always occurs to me unless I use the TV Guide workaround.

0 Kudos
Caonp
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

You're a legend @Wittty the work around solved the lag issue this morning for the Spurs game, hey Optus maybe Witty needs to take over this channel, they've been far more helpful than most other operators

Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

as said many times,  for me  it's....

streaming on Live gaems is fine

Mini matches and highlights are a laggy/stuttering mess.   even though the video is buffered (you can see the progress on the bar at the bottom)  the video stops and then catches up.  Audio keeps running despite this.     It makes Mini matches and highlights almost a pointless and painful experience. 

I did get in touch with support... However,  I can't be bothered going through the repeated bot requests they ask of you.    I just can't be bothered sitting there trying to explain and them coming back at me with unrelated simplistic time wasting requests like i'm an idiot.         The Android TV app is flawed.  End of story.    Maybe someone in the Android app team should actually sit down and experience it for themselves on a Sony TV  or Android streaming device etc.    

Hate to say it,  it shouldn't be the customer quality testing the product and coming up with workarounds.  That should be done in house and if there is a problem, accept the numerous complaints (plenty in this thread) and fix it.         

Sorry,  I've just had a gutful of the repeated 'non solution' that Optus is dishing up with this.      The very fact that the 'official solved solution in this thread (that has now been taken down)  was 'cast it to the TV' itself is just ridiculous in itself.     

Top Contributors