Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

Optus Sport on Sony Android TV Playback Issues

Whether I try watch something live or a replay, the viewing is the same. Seems to not buffer well and as a result the visual is jittery (audio is ok). I have Kayo Sports and Netflix via Android TV too with no issues so it’s not a network issue. I have a wired internet connection to the TV on an NBN Optus 50 Mbps to the Node plan that I’ve measured an average speed of 45 Mbps. Seems the app is unstable
92 Replies
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Optus Sport on Sony Android TV Playback Issues

I’d like to add that I do t have these issues with the Optus Sport app on my Apple iPhone or iPad
Rob_YC

Hey @Savvy82, sounds like we may need to do some further testing on this to pin point the issue and follow up. 

Please note that we are unable to look into your account details on Yes Crowd.Could we get you to send through a Private Message on the Optus Sport Facebook page. Our team will follow up as soon as they can. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
AndySk
New Contributor
New Contributor

I can say I am also having the same issue. Sony Android TV with the Optus Sport app. Jittery playback as if it cannot buffer, but the progress bar indicates that it is buffering. Not a network issue. Only workaround is to use the Optus Sport mobile app and use Chromecast to cast to the TV.
Tags (1)
hawk
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same issue for me - has been for weeks! It works fine online on desktop and iPhone app. On the NBN - 100mbs etc.

Adam1984
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi I have just found this thread. Has anyone found a solution? I have the same problem Sony Bravia tv & 100mb FFTC (no network issues). It skips every 10secs or so, very frustrating. Works fine on iPhone
0 Kudos
chucknorris20
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep same issue here. It's unwatchable on my Sony Bravia 2017 model.

Works fine on my laptop and my phone. Even broadcast from my phone to TV works way better.

The app on Android is a joke.

Have Kayo, Netflix, Amazon, Stan and all stream fine.
0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

I’ve tried to escalate this via technical support and I keep getting diverted to the Fetch team. I’ve have explained several times (even to my 1 case manager) that it’s a Android TV app issue. Looks like Optus don’t have a team to divert these issues to. Very frustrating - it’s almost been a month and I still cannot get someone to acknowledge this issue.
0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

.... let alone fix it
0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

I don’t have Facebook. Surely there is a better way. I have an open case with you through tech support
0 Kudos
Top Contributors