cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Steven_YC

Re: Optus Sport on Sony Android TV Playback Issues

Hey @Chrise85 - Thanks for sharing this. If your TCL is not running Android Nougat or higher, you'll need to have the software updated in order to stream this. If you continue to face any issues though, you can log a case with our team and they will investigate this directly with you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

What’s the point of logging a case? No one is making an effort to fix this issue. Almost 4 months now and counting... why won’t anyone take an initiative and hold the technical team to account. NO OTHER STREAMING PROVIDER HAS THIS ISSUE!!!
DKNY
New Contributor
New Contributor

Also have this problem on TCL Android TV.
Video is always choppy and unwatchable. This applies to live games and highlights. Sound is fine.
Internet speed is good.
TV is running Android 9.
All other streaming apps work flawlessly - Kayo,Netflix, Disney+.
Have logged an issue through the app but looks like a waste of time judging by this thread.
Chrise85
New Contributor
New Contributor

They don't care about our issue
Jono_YC

Hi @DKNY, it's not great to hear that you're experiencing issues with the Optus Sport app on your Android TV.

If you require further assistance, please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Jono_YC

It's disappointing to hear that you feel this way, @Chrise85

If you require further assistance, please send us a private message to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance.

0 Kudos
hawk
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Any news on a fix. Mines been bad for months. Rubbish
King2j
New Contributor
New Contributor

Nope. I'm still waiting. Couldn't wait any longer and went out and bought an apple tv. It works fine on apple tv but that's a 250 bucks waste of money coz these guys can't get their act together.
Sarah_YC

Hey @hawk,

I'm sorry to hear about the continued issues with Optus Sport on Android TV. 

We'd recommend raising a support case with our TV & Content team via In-App Support and they'll be happy to assist further. 

Sarah_YC

Hi @King2j,

I'm sorry to hear about the continued issues with this.

We'd recommend sending a Private Message to Optus on Facebook or a Direct Message on Twitter with the details for further assistance. Sarah