Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
chucknorris20
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Optus Sport on Sony Android TV Playback Issues

You are just going to get a reply saying please log a support request and speak to a bot blah blah blah.

On demand mini matches and replays are unwatchable for me on my 3 year old $3500 Bravia. I will be asking the sales guys to test the app on the TV in the store before I purchase a new TV.

I'm resigned to watching on my phone. I just can't understand how this isn't a wider issue for people. Are their viewing numbers just that low? 

0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

This app in general is a disgrace. The temporary workaround mentioned on page 4 is a small win, but it’s so limited. The use of Chromecast allows you to watch any game (live or replay), but takes a while to buffer before stabilising. For everyone’s info, I have taken this enquiry from customer service, to case management, to disconnect department now to the complaints department. Each time I had to explain the problem from scratch - the info passing is shocking. At least Optus have finally acknowledged it’s a fault on their end, but are not prepared to advise an ETA on a fix. Still a massive 👎
0 Kudos
Adam1984
New Contributor
New Contributor

Given the fact it works fine live and it’s horrible on playback I reckon it could be a compression issue. This is something Optus no doubt would be aware about, the evasiveness is disappointing though. When you watch something live you jump on a broadcast channel with minimal compression, the opposite applies to a tailored single user playback stream. It’s a shame that there is no diversity on EPL providers otherwise Optus sport would no longer be relevant.
0 Kudos
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yep. 100% a compression issue. You are correct. It would be something that Optus Sport does when they cut their mini games/highlights packages.

I tried telling that to support but they wouldn't listen.
0 Kudos
samlfcynwa
Contributor
Contributor

The app was good at the start but now it's buggy as. It either freezes or stops totally with this video cannot be displayed when live
0 Kudos
Wittty
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Was watching EPL highlights with my son yesterday and was so Jittery that it was unwatchable. This morning though goal rush seems smooth.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi everyone, fault ticket for this one #23059338 is showing as resolved as of Monday the 14th - please let us know if this is not the case.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Blottski
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi.

I just tried to watch the Man City vs West Brom mini match and there is zero improvement.

The picture just stops and then catches up.   The audio keeps going. 

0 Kudos
Savvy82
Contributor
Contributor

Not resolved. The team looking after this fault should be sacked. ZERO IMPROVEMENT
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

Hey @Savvy82, its not great to see that you are still having issues. We would be more than happy to follow up and assist in the best possible way. If you could please send through your subscription handle through to our social media teams, we will be able to assist further. Our teams are available via Facebook as well as Twitter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors