Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

Optus Sleek X latest system update stuck on verifying

ozeannie

Last night somewhere between 7 and 8pm my phone started downloading the latest system update version 6.0-01004. It went to 100% and said installing, then got the screen showing 6.0-01004 on a phone with a download icon and underneath "Downloading system updates....verifying. The phone reports this to be the version installed. However, the verifying did not end. I was connected to my home wifi, but I had to go out & take my phone with me, so it would have disconnected. When I got back, it was still on the same screen, verifying. I left it plugged in to charger and next to router but this morning it is still stuck on verifying. During the verification stage last night 1 or 2 apps also updated (successfully) and this morning 2 Chrome apps also updated successfully. Apps shows as being 100% up to date, but still the system is verifying. I restarted the phone and it came back on normally, the verifying screen  was gone and it didn't automatically start up again after the phone had been left on for some time.

However, to check all was well, I went into "About phone" to check the update version, which it reports as stated above. Updates says last checked yesteday at 8.35 (I presume that means a.m. becuase my phone is set to 24 hour time). Strange, because it seemed to be doing it last night.

However if I click on updates to confirm I have the latest update it goes back to the verifying screen. The phone seems to work as normal so it's no immediate issue, however I am concerned that if the install is not completely finished, there may be an issue when the next system update gets downloaded.

Under the Update section there is an option to delete the downlaod. I wonder whether to do that and start again. I don't particularly want to do a factory reset because then I have to redownload everything. I would appreciate advice on how to back up my settings on the phone - I enabled the Google backup but I'm not sure if that only does contacts. Also I logged in to my google page on the net but I can't see where these backups are, to confirm that they are there. I wonder is it possible to use file manager to just copy and paste all relevant folders to computer then restore these folders if I have to do a reset?

Highlighted

Re: Optus Sleek X latest system update stuck on verifying

Aman_B

Hi @ozeannie, yeah the best way moving forward will be to do a factory reset. Now with regards to back up your google account does back up contacts and apps as well, if you are using Google photos then your media will be backed up as well. To make sure your apps are synced to the account please login to Play store online and here you can see the apps installed or even install apps to your mobile from the PC. I hope this helps. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ozeannie

Thank you. I found the apps online, where can I check my contacts are backed up?

Aman_B

Cool @ozeannie. To check your contacts on your handset  you just have to tap on the Settings>Cloud and accounts>accounts>Google.Here you'll be able to check the data that is synced to your gmail username including contacts - Aman 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ozeannie

Thanks again. Yes I saw that on the phone, I wondered if I could check it online though as well, as the phone telling me it's synced doesn't necessarily prove that it is....

I have just got my phone out and it is once again trying to verify the update - this has come on spontaneously whereas previously it was only coming on after I restarted the phone if I clicked on "updates" - perhaps I'll let it run for a while and see what happens.

In settings, it says Current version 6.0-01004 and downloaded version 02005-355.5Mb, with an option to delete the download.

I had previously thought 6.0-01004 was the new download but perhaps the verifying screen means that is the version being updated - to version 02005?

I wonder if I tried deleting the 02005 download and see if it retries? What do you think?

Are you an Optus tech - I see you are a forum moderator so not sure whether that means you are Optus affiliated or not? Appreciate your help all the same Smiley Happy

Aman_B

Yeah you can certainly try that @ozeannie. I am from Optus social media team but have experience using android handsets. I'd also recommend to check if you can manually upgrade your software?  

ozeannie

I'm going to be over near an Optus store today so I might drop in and do the factory reset there as the phone is still under warranty and in case of any issues they will see first hand the problem.

JustinB

That would have been our next suggestion. Please keep us posted with how it goes!

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Solution

ozeannie

Hello

I took it back to the store and got a factory reset. Glad I did because I didn't know you were supposed to uninstall the Google account on the phone first or it can cause issues. Back up & running now, and the latest download installed without incident.

Thanks again

JustinB

Excellent! Really glad to hear that the staff were able to help you out today. If we can help out with anything else, please let us know Smiley Happy

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
64 Kudos
40 Kudos
34 Kudos
34 Kudos
32 Kudos