Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Optus RCS messaging

Achandab

When will Optus support RCS messaging?

Re: Optus RCS messaging

SamSam

Given how long Telstra have supported it with no word from Optus, I'd say no time soon unfortunately. 

Out of curiosity, will it make that much of a difference? Given how prevelant iMessage, FB messenger, etc are now, does RCS offer anything different other than the convenience of not needing to make sure everyone is using the same app? 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Achandab

Well this will be the closest equivlent Android users get to imessage. And considering there are more Android users around the world the iOS users i'd say its pretty relevant. I don't use Facebook or Whatsapp. So this is my only form of communication and if implemented by all providers eventually i wont need anything else.

SamSam

Valid point(s)! I'm Android to so I'd like to see it as well.

I'm curious if Optus and Voda were to implement it, would it be compatible between carriers. The way I read Telstra's announcement was that they built it themselves indepently which just makes me feel it would only work Telstra to Telstra but I really don't know much about it so just an assumption.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own

Achandab

Yeah they definitely will be compatible because in US RCS is working fine between Sprint and Verizon .It's a universal standard I believe

Dan_C

I've replied back to a similar thread in the past. I did receive a response from Network's

no further information about what Optus will be doing regarding full support of RCS. They've mentioned that it's something that we'll investigate after completing the migration of services to our new servicing platform.

If I do hear more on the subject, I'll communicate this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
37 Kudos
31 Kudos
31 Kudos
28 Kudos
26 Kudos