Searching...

Mobile

Oppo shutting down mid call

LadyDi

I have a problem with my Oppo R15 Pro that is less than 2 months old. It keeps shutting down mid phone call after hearing a high pitched squeal. I was advised by the awful service line staff that I live in a black spot and that was the reason. That makes no sense at all so when questioned further, they said to take it in to the branch who would issue me with a loan phone and send the faulty one off for repair. As everyone else has experienced in W.A., there are no loan phones so I have not received the service that I am paying for in my contract. 

After a week, they have returned the phone in filthy condition and state that there is nothing wrong with it. 

Any recommendations? I have spoken with the chat line several times and they have been of no assistance whatsoever and seem to be unable to understand the most simple of details. Ie. how can you call me when you have my phone?!!!

the general consensus is that the only way to get action and/or fair treatment out of Optus is to contact the Ombudsman. I’m interested to know how many of you have had the same issue and poor service. 

Highlighted

Re: Oppo shutting down mid call

[ Edited ]
Davelew

Hi

I think the first thing I would do is to find out whether it is the SIM card or the phone. Can you borrow a SIM card from someone else to put in your phone and see if you have the same problem? If the borrowerd phone works with that Sim card and your phone still has the same issues it would be almost certain to be a problem with your phone.

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos