cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor Bobhod
New Contributor

Oppo phone cannot call or receive a call after unlocking

Today I bought a new apple x from optus and got an unlock code for my oppo f1s. I unlocked the phone using the unlocking code supplied and on starting the oppo with a new Telstra sim it displayed Telstra and the signal strength. I put in the Telstra sim as I gave the phone to my son and it was his Telstra sim which was working fine in his previous phone.

allthough I can send and receive messages and can surf the net I cannot make or receive phone calls, does anyone have any suggestions

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Oppo phone cannot call or receive a call after unlocking

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Android/oppo-f1s/td-p/687917

Factory reset.

Probably something in the call receiver gumming up Telstra stuff.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor Gemma87
Occasional Contributor

Did the reset help I am having the same problem. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @ Gemma87 - Did you unlock your handset as well and after unlocking the device did you get a message that handset has been successfully unlocked? If it did, then please try using your SIM in a different handset just to check if the SIM is not faulty. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_B thanks for reply. I will double check about the message. The strange thing is... is at times I can make and receive calls. Then the other times I can’t... when ppl call me it goes strait to voicemail and when I make a call it goes silent and ten beeps and cuts out. I would say it’s 30% ok and the rest not. 

I can use the internet through my provider and also sent texts. So surely the handset is unlocked if this is the case? 

Thank you so much... can you help at all. 

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

I actually came across a bulletin the other day.

The handsets purchased by Optus have had certain Network frequencies removed (frequencies that are not compatible with the Optus Network i.e. the 3G and 4G 850Mhz frequencies.

If you've unlocked an Oppo device , the handset still won't work on the Telstra 3G 850Mhz (voice network). 

We could be dealing with the same issue here. 

See this thread for an example. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks @Dan_C this answered my question. I downloaded a app and changed the frequency 

0 Kudos
New Contributor LukesPhone
New Contributor

What app did you download?

0 Kudos
Top Contributors