Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

OnePlus voLTE and voWiFi

DuckDodgers

Hi All

Anyone able to advise if the OnePlus series have the ability to use voLTE or voWiFi?

If not is there any plans to have it enabled in the future?

Cheers

Solution

Re: OnePlus voLTE and voWiFi

JordanOptus

Hey @DuckDodgers there's a chance that we don't currently support OnePlus handsets for VoLTE or VoWIFI yet Smiley Sad No information about whether it'll be available in the future sorry.

DuckDodgers

Oh well. thanks for the reply!

kspear

Please add us to the list of those asking for Optus to support WiFi calling on OnePlus devices.

I see the previous conversations regarding 'testing'. But, wouldn't it be in Optus's interest to offload demand from their wireless network; especially where coverage is problematic due to either geography or temporary demand spikes.

If appropriate, I am happy to help in user testing.

DuckDodgers245

where are these previous conversations regarding the OnePlus is in "testing" phase???

my understanding is that the OS needs to be modified by Optus to support VoLTE and VoWIFI...

either way xda have found settings that allow you to force the 2 technologies to be contanstly on but unless the carrier tweaks the OS then nothing really will work...

kspear

Ouch!  Sorry, I was not clear in my reference.  I meant to say as Optus maintains a list of "compatible phones" as seen on the wifi-calling page I understood this to imply some form of compatibility testing by Optus.  If that exists then I was asking for them (Optus) to include other, current technology devices aside from Apple and Samsung.  I am not interested in Optus adding features to my stock device O/S.  I apologise for my ignorance of the technical complexity in voWiFi "compatibility.

DuckDodgers245

Ah ok, that makes more sense now. The problem that we have being OP users is that this phone is not a device that's exclusively available within Australia so i honestly doubt we will ever get these functions enabled.

The only telco that might support it in Australia would be Vodafone. I have read that some other country's that use them have had those 2 functions enabled even though they dont sell the phone via their stores.

kspear

Fwiw, I'vw had this OP6 a couple weeks here in the US and the local Telco (AT&T) doesn't support it either. I was thinking to use voWiFi (if it worked on Optus) when the local towers get overwhelmed.    Cheers

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

Hey guys, I'm doubtful as to whether VolTE & WiFi calling will be made available to handsets that aren't included in our product range (seems to be the trend thus far).

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/custom/page/page-id/tp2/VoLTE-support

The list of compatible handsets also needs a refresh. 

I'm happy to reach out to product and ask if there's anything in the pipeline. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

kspear

Yes, please. 

Thanks for the offer .

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
18 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
13 Kudos