Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted

Number Share Activation

crystalamturner

Hi there,

Number share won't activate on my galaxy watch. It recognises Optus in the network settings but all it says is "standalone - emergency calls only". I've done a factory reset, uninstalled and reinstalled the wearables app on my S10, disconnected and reconnected my watch to the phone, and have restarted both devices. I've been in touch with technical support and they had to "esculate" it to another team and that they'd be in touch. I still haven't heard anything.

What else can I do??!

Re: Number Share Activation

Ray_YC
Hi there crystalamturner,

If it's had to be referred to technical support then it's likely to be an issue on the Optus end so there is not much else that can be done but to wait for them to fix it.
How long ago did this happen?
I'm aware of a known 24 hour e-SIM activation outage between the 24th of July and 25th of July, did you try to do it during this time?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

crystalamturner

It was on the 23rd July

Ray_YC

Okay so just prior to when the outage was known, maybe it was when the problem started happening before it was reported.

If you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details as it sounds like it should be something that the support team should be able to get working now.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

crystalamturner

I don't have social media so I'll just have to wait Smiley Sad

Ray_YC

Oh waiting for a week now isn't great, were you provided any fault ticket or reference numbers I can try and follow up for you?

crystalamturner

No they didn't give me a ticket number. All I got was an ambiguous "we'll call you in 48-72 hours" ...which was four days ago Smiley Sad

Ray_YC

Hmmm okay.

If you like feel free to send me a PM with your full name, mobile number and date of birth and I'll contact a member of our Social Media team to gain their assistance with this one.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
17 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
13 Kudos