cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

No Calls postpaid/esim issue

i have an optus postpaid sim & an eSim however my note20 ultra is not receiving any calls and unable to make them either. Im only able to make calls from my watch. I went to the store and was provided with a qr code. I explained ny issue and they said they didn't know how to fix it, nor did they try
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: No Calls postpaid/esim issue

Hi there, @Acecih. Thanks for posting on YesCrowd. 

It's not great to hear the staff at the store were not able to help out with your issue. Just to get some more clarity around this, are you currently using a Physical SIM AND an eSIM? (2 mobile numbers?)

Or are you just using a single mobile number which is shared with the watch? It is quite strange that you're able to make calls from your watch but not from your handset. 

If the store has provided you with an eSIM QR code, they would have had to provision that eSIM in our system first before you scan it to have your number loaded into the eSIM. Can you remember if the store did this? If not, you may have to re-visit the store to have this processed. 

-

Please note that we’re unable to look into account details on Yes Crowd. If you’re still needing a hand, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app.

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

If for some reason you’re unable to use the My Optus app, please send a private message to the official Optus
Facebook page or Twitter page for further assistance.

New Contributor
New Contributor

thank you for your response @Nard_YC 

I received my new handset almost 3 weeks ago together with a eSim.

I was previously receiving calls, but it seems like a sim card was removed which now it does not allow me to make calls or receive.

I had the both numbers but my postpaid number was the main one.

When I attended Optus I was advised that it wasn't necessary to get a QR code. However I explained that I was advised by an Optus team member via the Chat service that I did.

He went to the back and handed over the QR code and I am 100% sure he did not stop anywhere to provision the card.

I asked if he could assist he said it was simple to just scan it. I walked off and tried to do it after 10 minutes or so I returned and said to him to please assist. 

He said he had no idea what to do!

0 Kudos

@Acecih Hm, it's interesting that it was previously working and just stopped. So just confirming that your "main" Postpaid number was the one using the eSIM? And you were using a secondary number with a physical SIM?

It seems like the staff at the store didn't provision the eSIM on the system before handing the QR code over to you to scan. This needs to be done first before it can work. The staff need to scan in the eSIM serial number into the system so it's provisioned against your Postpaid number. 

There's another way in arranging an eSIM replacement via self-service which may work for you. You can do this via our self-service SIM replace/activate page. I'd also recommend referring to our full eSIM Guide to get a better idea on the process of arranging an eSIM through self-service and activating it via the My Optus App

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Top Contributors