Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Occasional Contributor bunnygoesboom
Occasional Contributor

Re: Nexus 6P Random Battery Shutdowns

Just wondering if you had any resolution with your problem? I'm having the same issues. Already sent for repair only to have nothing done.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @bunnygoesboom , apologies for the hassle. We can certainly help with your handser concerns and help. Please contact us here http://yesopt.us/chat2us  from PC with your details and we'll sort out.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_B, I have already tried to speak with someone via chat and telephone, and was told to go in store to send in for repairs. Sent it in for repairs and the issues were not resolved as "extensive testing" could not replicate the faults. The phone is still behaving as it was before I sent it off to the warehouse.

0 Kudos
Moderator Aman_B

Hi @bunnygoesboom, we'll have to  send the handset for assessment again. Please take it to the store so that we can send it to our warehouse. I can understand this is frustrating but we'll have to get this fixed as per warranty from the manufacturer. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

@Aman_B if I were to take my phone to a third party repair centre and have the battery replaced, would this void my Optus warranty? I have already escalated through the TIO but could be weeks before any resolution is made, and the phone is getting worse every day. Just an hour of light use today and it has already depleted by 25% after a full charge.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Shauna
RetiredModerator

If you were to go external to Optus, this would void your warranty. You can certainly seek help from a third party repairer, however it is a risk. It is recommended to have the handset repaired via the manufacturer, which can be arranged in store. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor fby
New Contributor

I'm starting to have issues with my Nexus 6P that is still on a plan until next year.

I've read this thread so I will backup and wipe the phone then bring it into a store.

Then after having sent it in with no resolution, I will contact the TIO.

This seems to be standard procedure for Optus! I just finished chatting with Optus and they recommend taking it back to the store.

I will be sure keep the thousands of my social media followers updated with every step

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor jason_lee
Occasional Contributor

Annoyingly enough my replacement 6P suffered the second main hardware fault for this model, the boot loop of death, 2 months after my warranty expired.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I ended up having a successful (if you can call it that) outcome after bringing in the TIO.

After being unsuccessful in getting Optus' help, I took my phone into Sydney CBD Repairs and they replaced the battery for me within an hour. Cost me $80. Didn't have early shutdowns or massive drainage after that. Still raised the issue with the TIO.

Optus weren't responding to my emails to call me at the time I specified, and kept calling me during hours I couldn't answer. After leaving a voicemail on the number they provided me with, they FINALLY called during the time I asked. They credited my account with 2 mths of service, and after sending them an invoice for the repairs I had carried out myself, a cheque for the cost of the new battery.

The guy I spoke to was very understanding, and told me that I should have been given a direct number to call the first time I raised a complaint. But for whatever reason, no matter who I called or spoke to, they kept telling me to go in store and have it sent off for examination again. 

Don't take the runaround you get from customer service. Ask for their Complaint Department. If they're unwilling to help, go straight to the TIO. This is the only way I could get anywhere.

0 Kudos
New Contributor fby
New Contributor

I took my Nexus 6P in to the store today and I was told that they may not be able to fix it as they may not have the battery anymore. They may choose to repalce it with a Mate 9, which was fine by me. I'm now waiting for them to contact me regarding the result.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors