Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

New prepaid sim has not been activated for more than 16 hours

I have completed the activation process as per the pre-paid sim pack instruction. It has now been more than 16 hours, the sim is still not working.

Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: New prepaid sim has not been activated for more than 16 hours

Same here.

Don't know who to reach for help.

0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

I been stuck since 16th March till now .
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi guys,

We're unable to assist here on this public forum as we don't have access to customer accounts.

Please contact Optus directly on 133 937 during business hours and holding the line (don't press 1 to be sent the link for the Message team) to get through to a team member.

or if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details mentioning you have no service and the team will reply as soon as possible.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi,

I did like you suggested. I logged onto Optus support chat via the Optus app seeking for help on last Friday.

The first support person was busy and accidentally dropped her emotional feeling on my chat criticizing others. ( I can post the screenshot here if required).

The second support person was great. Trying to resolve my issue but ended up recommended me to pop into a store for a sim pack swap.

On Saturday midday, I went to Westfield hurstville Optus store and waited for 20+ minutes.

Then the guy from the store told me, they can't help because I bought the Sim pack from Woollies so I will have to go to Woollies and request for a refund due to the Optus Sim pack is not working.

In my opinion, given the COVID-19 social distancing situation, I now decided I am not going to Woollies asking for a refund. I just pretend I have never purchased the Sim Pack and nothing is wrong here.

0 Kudos