cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

New SIM not activating

I ordered a new SIM card on the Epic Data prepaid plan, and activated it through the Optus website about 24 hours ago. The site said it could take from 15 minutes up to 4 hours, and I'm unsure of what to do at this point. I have safely removed and reinserted the SIM multiple times, switched my phone on and off, and nothing has worked. Any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated, thank you 🙂
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: New SIM not activating

Hi there ellenlw,

Hopefully it's activated by now? It definitely exceeded the usual timeframe.

I'm afraid we're unable to see that status of your SIM here.

If still no progress, if you have a social media account, please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just posting here to confirm that the issue has been resolved, thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Great news!

Thanks heaps for returning to Yes Crowd to let us know ☺️ 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

• Bought a sim from target, I have had my number transfer to me and I have tried to activate it 48 hrs ago and it is not working.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi WayneB,  

Can I suggest messaging us on Social Media, either Facebook or Twitter? If you mention that you were sent there by Ray_YC, I'll give the guys a heads up. They do have a point of escalation for any urgent activation/porting enquiries for those without a working service.   

If you have an active service with another provider, we cannot prioritise your enquiry at this time.

Our main priority right now is to ensure that all of our customers have a working service. If you still have service on your old SIM, we’ll need to wait for our Porting team to be fully operational again. If you don’t have service on either SIM card, feel free to get in touch with them above.
I can't promise that you'll get an instant reply, but they will definitely get back to you.