Searching...

Mobile

Accepted Solution

NEw SIM card activation

alizefaith

I activated a new SIM card with a new number prepaid, and I've been waiting since Thursday 23/8 to have it processed,

I have contacted optus 3 times regarding this and 3 times they have given me different reasons why my new sim card hasn't been processed 

Optus have me by the short & curlys, There is absolutely nothing I can do to hurry up my new sim card, 

How do Optus get away with this terrible frustrating & disappointing service,

I'm beside myself as I need a phone to use whilst I get my post payed phone fixed through Optus insurance, and that has been over two weeks 

Solution

Re: NEw SIM card activation

Dan_C

That does sound like an awfully long time for a prepaid activation (especially if we've given you a brand-new number and you're not porting).

Were you given any indication as to what's holding this one up? You can always send us a private message

Could we grab your full name, DOB and the mobile number you've been assigned? The SIM card number would also be handy. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
alizefaith

Hi Dan,

Thankyou for your reply,

So the mobile number is XXXXXXXXXXX

SIM number - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I activated this new sim card at 2 am last Friday

Its now Monday evening and still no luck

I've contacted optus via the chat line 4 times now the last story I was told is because it got stuck in the system 

I've also been told be patient for 48 hrs

There has been an error and my SIM process was put at the back of the line,. 

Solution

[ Edited ]
alizefaith

Hi Dan,

Ooops failed to give you my name

Sophia Ferry 

DOB - XXXXXXXXXXXX

SIM phone number

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SIM card number 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Regards Sophia Ferry 

Solution

Shauna

Thanks @alizefaith - I've just edited out all of those details as you've posted them on a public forum.

Instead, can you please private message those details to me? Thanks!

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Lawrc

Sounds like we are all having similar difficulties. 

Thursday- order phone and sim card online

Friday- phone delivered to address that was 13 years, not delivery address as entered when completing order. Spent 3 hours on ohone trying to trying to resolve delivery issue.

Saturday- Optus decides its easier to send 2nd phone, while having first returned  Told phone will be delivered Monday.

Monday- no phone

Tuesday- phone delivered,  no SIM, as requested in original order. Spend 20 minutes online chat, to be told one could be sent, but would be quicker for me to collect one from local Optus store.

Wednesday- hubby collects SIM from local Optus store. Attempt to activate SIM online. Wait 4 hours as per website recommendation. No success. Call help desk for assistance with SIM activation. Call takes 30 minutes . Told activation will take between 15 minutes and 4 hours. Wait 4 hours. No success. Noone on 24 hour helpdesk can assist with SIM activation after 7pm. This is beyond a joke. I wonder what tomorrow will bring, and if the problem will be resolved. 

Aman_B

Hi @ Lawrc - Disappointing to see that the ordering process has been so rough, not what we're aiming for. Could you please PM us Here your mobile number, full name and date of birth so that we can look into this. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Post a Reply
Top Contributors
21 Kudos
21 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
13 Kudos