Searching...

Mobile

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

MyCredit being check about every hour

Cass8888

Got a new Galaxy S8 and a new prepaid Sim but log says MyCredit is being checked about every hour.

log says;

10/04/17 06:48AM INTERNETBROWSING

or

10/04/17 06:02AM SMS 61416943957

Turning off data roaming stops it but that seems like and over kill

All credit gone and never used the phone.

must be a simple solution

tks Dave

Solution

Re: MyCredit being check about every hour

Cass8888

Further testing show;

Turn off Data and it stops, to be expected

Turn On Data and not use the phone overnight and Optus charge between 27c and $1.79 per go and use about 18Mb of data.

Botton line seems to be Optus Data a complete waste of money unless you turn on/off data every time you what say use a brower.

Optus.jpg

Solution

Mike-N

Hey @Cass8888. As you can see from the testing you've done, your phone is using data even when it's not being used. This is particularly problematic if you're using a prepaid SIM such as the My Prepaid Long Expiry which charges you 5c per MB of usage. If you are using this package we do suggest you keep your data connection off unless necessary as it's designed mostly for users who call and SMS and you can quickly go through your MyCredit using data. Alternatively, you could try and restrict background data by opening the Settings app, taping Data Usage, taping Background Data and selecting the apps you don't want using data in the background. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Cass8888

Thanks Mike

I have turned off the app I think are doing, but could cost a fortune to check if I have the correct one

Dave

Solution

Mike-N

No worries Dave! It might be a good idea to turn off everything. If you're using the Long Expiry you probably don't want anything running in the background at all. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Cass8888

Mike

Next job, have a good Easter

Dave

Mike-N

Thanks Dave! You too Smiley Happy

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
61 Kudos
23 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
15 Kudos